The memorial gates consist of decorative wrought iron gates with red brick pillars. Two plaques bearing a dedication and honour roll for seven men who fell in the Second World War are attached to the pillars. The memorial was dedicated by the Bishop of Grafton, Right Reverend C. E. Storrs at the Anzac Service held in St. Martin's Church on 25 April 1949.
The Northern Star on 19 April 1945, reported the Parochial Council of St Martin's Church of England had decided to erect a brick fence with memorial gates "to perpetuate the memory of Church of England men of the district who served in the present war." The gates were to be erected in the Stuart Street frontage of the church. Reverend Storrs and Mr Louis Williams of Melbourne, the Diocesan Architect, visited Mullumbimby in May 1946 to consider the design of the gates and fence. In July 1946 the Mullumbimby parishioners received a report the plans were complete. The church called tenders for the work on 2 October 1946. It was in July 1947 Canon Rowe reported plans were in hand for the erection of the memorial.
TO THE GLORY OF GOD
A GRATEFUL TRIBUTE
TO ALL WHO SERVED
IN WORLD WAR II
1939 - 45.
WHEN YOU GO HOME, TELL THEM OF US AND SAY.
FOR THEIR TOMORROW WE GAVE TODAY.
|Rank||Given Name||Family Name||Conflict/s||Fate||Service No.||Service||Unit||Campaign||Link|
|Private||C||Booker||World War 2||KIA 3/1/1941||NX2204||Army||2/2nd Aust Inf Battalion||Libya||view|
|Flight Sergeant||K||Finch||World War 2||KIA 25/3/1944||429070||RAAF||No. 61 Squadron (RAF)||Germany||view|
|Private||C||Freeman||World War 2||KIA 21/1/1941||VX6522||Army||2/8th Aust Inf Battalion||Libya||view|
|Sergeant||V||French||World War 2||DOI 11/4/1943||QX9073||Army||5th Aust M G Battalion||Australia||view|
|Private||T||Kendrick||World War 2||KIA 30/12/1942||NX113278||Army||39th Aust Inf Battalion||Papua||view|
|Private||A||Towers||World War 2||KIA 9/2/1942||NX43433||Army||2/20th Aust Inf Battalion||Malaya||view|
|N||William||World War 2||view|
Help us record history by adding to its record.