A marble mosaic roll of honour for the First World War is attached to an exterior wall of the Narrabri Public School, formerly known as the Narrabri District School. It was constructed by M.W. Hardy of Narrabri, patent No 12679. There are also two bright blue, cast iron drinking fountains, donated by the members of the John Vinal Whiteman family, located in the foyer.
Mr John Brooks of the Narrabri Historical Society has supplied the following information about the history of this memorial:
This memorial was originally comprised of two Honour Rolls and was created in 1919 by Mr M.W. Hardy. The rolls were unveiled in April 1919 by the Premier of NSW, along with two memorial drinking fountains which are now located in the foyer of the main building at Narrabri Public School. The rolls were erected by the school's Parents and Citizens Association to record those ex-pupils and teachers of the school who had enlisted for service in the First World War, 21 of whom paid the supreme sacrifice. In 1932, one of the rolls fell and was damaged beyond repair.
1914 Narrabri District School Roll of Honour 1919
|Last held rank||Given Name||Family Name||Conflicts||Fate||Service No.||Service||Campaign||Read more|
|W||Allison||World War 1||view|
|T||Avery||World War 1||view|
|F||Bloomfield||World War 1||view|
|J||Broad||World War 1||view|
|H||Burns||World War 1||view|
|R||Cameron||World War 1||view|
|A||Cameron||World War 1||view|
|H||Conway||World War 1||view|
|Sister||Eena||Copeman||World War 1||view|
|H||Cosgrove||World War 1||view|