Memorial stone monumnet and guns, located near the R.S.L clubhouse, across the road from Oaklands Town Hall.
IN MEMORY OF THE FALLEN LEST WE FORGET
In memory of W.H. (Bill) Cooper VX46324 Gunman anti-tank regiment R.A.A and all servicemen and women who served thier country in the second world war 1939 - 45. Lest we forget. Their duty nobly done.
This building standing on the site of the first school opened at Oaklands in 1885 was formaly the Black Paddock School ( 5km west of here ) from 1912 to 1918 In 1922 it was moved to this site and used as a classroom until 1935. It was purchased by the R.S.L. in 1936 for $30.
Help us record history by adding to its record.