A dedicated memorial area consisting of a large sandstone monument and a memorial fountain, with an accompanying small sandstone pillar and mounted plaque. There is also a 'Field of Remembrance' lined with small poppies and an 'Eternal Flame' light fixed to the ceiling above the monument.
The monument is dedicated to multiple wars. It has the badges of the Army, Royal Australian Air Force and Australian Royal Navy attached. The fountain and small plaque commemorate the 50th anniversary of the end of the Second World War.
The area is located outside the main entrance to the Ramsgate RSL Club.
This area was concecrated and dedicated on the 25th of April 1979 to those who served in the wars of the commonwealth. J. Letton Sub-Branch President.
1914-1918. 1939-1945. Malaysia. Korea. Vietnam. B.C.O.F [British Commonwealth Occupation Force]. U.N. Forces.
Lest we forget
Australia Remembers - 1945-1995
To commemorate the 50th anniversary of the end of World War II this fountain was officially turned on by Major General P.M. Arnison A.O 11 March 1995.
Help us record history by adding to its record.