The St John's Anglican Church in Darlinghurst has two memorial plaques. The first is in memory of Captain W..J.S. Rundle. It was dedicated on 1 July 1902. The second is mounted on the northern wall of the church grounds. It is for all those from the parish who served in the First and the Second World Wars. It was erected on 19 September 1953.
In memory of Captain W. J. S. Rundle D.S.O. Brabants Horse and 6th Dragoon Guards Carabiniers
Died from wounds received in action a Karree Bosch, Cape Colony, on the 30th July 1901. Aged 25 years
Erected by his parents and brother officers.
To the glory of God and in memory of those of this parish who gave their lives in the two world wars 1914-18 1939-45
Help us record history by adding to its record.