A solid sandstone block set on a sandstone plinth is located in the grounds of St John's Anglican Church, Camden. A brass plate with inscription and the images of three men and the Royal Australian Air Force (R.A.A.F.) plane they were flying is attached to the top of the block.
In Memory of the Crew and Passengers of RAAF De Havilland Dragon A34-47 from No 34 Squadron Royal Australian Air Force.
Sgt Douglas Brian Doyle (412236) RAAF - Pilot
Sgt Francis Joseph Doyle (420615) RAAF - Co-Pilot
F/O Geoffrey Hugh Lester (0409154) RAAF - Passenger/Pilot
1st Lt Horace Albert Teague (014229) US Marine Corps - Passenger
2nd Lt Cecil Joseph Umstead (013899) US Marine Corps - Passenger
The aircraft disappeared on 17th April 1943 and was last seen near Werombi Post Office, heading south to Wagga Wagga.
This plaque unveiled by the relatives, friends, searchers, RSL and the people of Camden in 2000.
|Rank||Given Name||Family Name||Conflict/s||Fate||Service No.||Service||Campaign||Link|
|Sgt||Douglas Brian||Doyle||World War 2||Died||412236||RAAF||view|
|Sgt||Francis Joseph||Doyle||World War 2||Died||420615||RAAF||view|
|F/O||Geoffrey Hugh||Lester||World War 2||Died||0409154||RAAF||view|
|1st Lt||Horace Albert||Teague||World War 2||Died||014229||US Marine Corps||view|
|2nd Lt||Cecil Joseph||Umstead||World War 2||Died||013899||US Marine Corps||view|