St Spyridon War Memorial Church

Description

War memorial Greek church.

Inscription

THIS PLAQUE WAS UNVEILED BY HIS EXCELLENCY THE GOVERNOR OF NEW SOUTH WALES SIR RODEN CUTLER, V.C., K.C.M.G., K.C.V.O., C.B.E. ON 19TH JULY 1975 TO COMMEMORATE THE DEDICATION OF ST SPYRIDON GREEK ORTHODOX CHURCH, AS A WAR MEMORIAL TO AUSTRALIAN GREEK SOLDIERS WHO LOST THEIR LIVES IN TWO WAR WORLD WARS IN ORDER TO PRESERVE PEACE & FREEDOM IN THE WORLD.

Address
72-76 Gardeners Road,
St Spyridon Greek Orthodox Church,
Kingsford NSW 2032
Local Government Area
  • Randwick, City of
Memorial type
  • Public building
Recorded by
Peter Levarre-Waters
Established Date format: 
$e_original_date = $entity->field_established['und'][0][value]; if (!empty($e_original_date)) { $changed_date = strtotime($e_original_date); $new_date = date("d F Y", $changed_date); print '
Established date
'; print $new_date; } else{ print ''; }
Dedication date: 
1975-07-19
Dedication date
19 July 1975
Conflict/s
  • First World War, 1914–18
  • Second World War, 1939–45

Do you know more about this war memorial?

Help us record history by adding to its record.

Update this memorial