Large First World War marble honour roll on ornate stone panel, located within the church vestibule. The marble is Australian and finished in gold lines. Men from HMAS 'Tingira', the Naval training ship once moored off Balmain and formally the England-Australia passenger Clipper 'Sobraon', are also listed.
Founded as a Presbyterian Congregation in 1842, the church contains a number of memorials to those who served and those who paid the supreme sacrifice in times of war.
SEE 'Additional Images' for information on Second World War memorials and memorials associated with the 30th and 2/30th Battalions.
ROLL OF HONOUR 1914 1918 OF THOSE FROM THIS CHURCH, WHO IN THE HOUR OF NEED ANSWERED THE CALL OF THEIR COUNTRY
Bottom left plaque:
They will touch the hearts of the living with a flame that sanctifies Bottom right plaque: And their glory shall not be blotted out
|Rank||Given Name||Family Name||Conflicts||Fate||Service No.||Service||Unit||Campaign||Link|
|Lt||T A||Jardine||World War 1||view|
|Pte||T||Mathers||World War 1||view|
|Pte||T||Wright||World War 1||view|
|Lt||T||Holman||World War 1||view|
|Pte||T||Smith||World War 1||view|
|T||McCauley||World War 1||HMAS Tingira||view|
|Pte||T||Reid||World War 1||KIA||view|
|Lt||T||Brownlie||World War 1||KIA||view|
|Lt||S R||MacFarlane||World War 1||view|
|Pte||S M||Munroe||World War 1||KIA||view|
Help us record history by adding to its record.