Spacious playing fields forming part of one of Sydney's most prestigious boy's schools. The grounds were opened in 1919 as a memorial to the 880 Old Boys who served and the 122 who died in the Great War.
In 2008, major additions were made to the ground in the form of a grandstand known as The Hawker Stand, viewing embankment and associated grounds beautification. Part of these included an Honour Roll for the First World War and the erection of three large, grey granite slabs on which the names of Old Boys and staff who served in wars and conflicts since the Boer war are engraved.
S.C.E.G.S. Memorial Cricket Ground. Opened 27th September 1919 by Sir Thomas Dibbs.
Help us record history by adding to its record.