This bronze plaque is dedicated to the Australian Naval and Military Expeditionary Force (A.N.M.E.F.). It is mounted on the sandstone escarpment in the Sydney Opera House forecourt at East Circular Quay.
Positioned on the wall next to it is the Royal Australian Regiment Korean War Commemorative Plaque, Circular Quay.
This plaque was erected to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the departure of the First Naval and Military Expeditionary Force to New Guinea which left Sydney on the 19th August 1914
19th August 1964
J. H. Luscombe Town Clerk.
H. F. Jensen Lord Mayor.