The Australian Nurses War Memorial Chapel, Little Bay

Prince Henry Hospital Nurses War Memorial Chapel, interior
Description

'A'-frame, church style building with a stained glass window. Also known as The Coast Chapel, it has a seating capacity of 80.

There is an honour roll for Prince Henry Hospital Trained Nurses who served in the First World in the Prince Henry Hospital Nursing and Medical Museum memorial room.

Materials
  • Brick
  • Glass
  • Timber
Inscription

To the glory of God

The Coast Chapel was erected through the efforts of the Prince Henry Hospital Trained Nurses Association and its friends, and presented to the hospital on 11th November 1967, as a tribute to the service and self sacrifice of Australian nurses in time of war, and as a place of worship for all.

They deserve to be remembered.

Address
50 Pine Avenue
Little Bay NSW 2036
Local Government Area
  • Randwick, City of
Setting
  • Building – inside
Location status
Original location
Memorial type
  • Building
Recorded by
Prince Henry Hospital Trained Nurses Association
Established Date format: 
$e_original_date = $entity->field_established['und'][0]['value']; if (!empty($e_original_date)) { $changed_date = strtotime($e_original_date); $new_date = date("d F Y", $changed_date); print '
Established date
'; print $new_date; } else{ print ''; }
Dedication date: 
11/11/1967
Dedication date
11 November 1967
Conflict/s
  • First World War, 1914–18

Do you know more about this war memorial?

Help us record history by adding to its record.

Update this memorial