The memorial is a typically designed rural community hall, constructed of galvanised iron. It has a front porch and a gabled roof, over part of the building. Outside the front entrance is the Pallalamawa and District War Memorial, dedicated in 2015. It is the site for various commemorative services throughout the year, which were previously held inside the hall.
The origins of the hall, including when it was built, are unknown. However, it can be dated as far back as 1923, as Inverell architects O'Connor and Ogilvie called tenders for additions and alterations to the building in March of that year (Moree Gwydir Examiner and General Advertiser, 29 March 1923). This timing suggests it was built in honour of those who served in the First World War.
Over time, the hall has been referred to as the town's School of Arts or Public Hall. There is no signage on site, or records found to date, which identify it as a dedicated war memorial. However, Moree Plains Shire Council calls the building the Pallamallawa War Memorial Hall and it is operated by a committee with the same name.
Do you know more about the history of this memorial? Email the NSW War Memorials Register.
Memorial does not include inscription.