Skip to main content

Rollands Plains Public School Great War Honour Roll

Rollands Plains Public School Great War Honour Roll
Middle
Image
Rollands Plains Public School Great War Honour Roll
0 / 0
-
Description / Background

The Rollands Plains Public School Great War Honour Roll is a dark polished board, inscribed with the names of 34 old boys from the school who served in the war. It has a simple design, featuring gold lettering and carved columns on either side of the listed names.

The roll was made by Mr T. Hallett of Port Macquarie and was unveiled at the school on 26 March 1919. The ceremony was well-attended, with the school room and verandah overflowing with guests. Councillor Warlters, President of the Rollands Plains Patriotic League, presided over the event and the unveiling was performed by Mrs Robert Campbell (The Port Macquarie News and Hastings River Advocate, 5 April 1919).

The Rollands Plains Public School opened as a Provisional School in August 1881 and closed as a Public School in December 1965. The roll is now located in the Rollands Plains Hall and is available for viewing, along with other honour rolls, when the hall is opened for public functions.

Inscription

Honour Roll
[Names]
1914 - Boys who fought in the Great War - 1918

Veterans listed on this memorial

Last held rank Given name Family name Conflict/s Service No. Service Campaign Read more
W Bale World War 1 view
H Bennett World War 1 view
J Branson World War 1 view
B Campbell World War 1 view
H Campbell World War 1 view
J Campbell World War 1 view
S Campbell World War 1 view
C Cutler World War 1 view
R Cutler World War 1 view
C Doyle World War 1 view

Do you know more about this war Memorial?

Click here to learn how you can contribute
Sidebar
Address
Public Hall
9 Upper Rollands Plains Road
Rollands Plains NSW 2441
Local Government Area
Port Macquarie-Hastings Council
Setting
Building – inside
Location status
Moved/altered
Memorial type
Board/roll/plaque/tablet
Recorded by
Graham Wilson. Port Macquarie RSL sub-Branch.
Year of construction
1918-1919
Dedication date
26 March 1919
Conflict/s
First World War, 1914–18
Materials
Timber