The NSW War Memorials Register is undergoing essential maintenance. Submissions are not being accepted at this time. Read more here. We apologise for the inconvenience.
The memorial is a magnificent organ, located in St Laurence's Anglican Church in Barraba. It is dedicated to those who served in the First World War.
The organ is constructed of metal and timber. It was originally made by Thomas S. Jones and Sons of England. The firm's name is inscribed on a small plate attached to the organ. The instrument was purchased and donated by Barraba locals Mr and Mrs J.C. Smith. The Bishop of Armidale Dr Wentworth-Shields dedicated the organ on 15 October 1919 (Daily Observer (Tamworth), 1 November 1919). Since then it has been moved around inside the church, or to onsite storage, several times, and was restored in 1992. A detailed account of the history of the organ is available on from the Organ Historical Trust of Australia.
Access to the memorial is restricted to the opening hours of the church.
Thos. S. Jones & Sons.