All Saints Anglican Cathedral First World War Memorial Hall, Bathurst

Peter Levarre-WatersPeter Levarre-WatersPeter Levarre-Waters
Description

Brick hall, established as part of the Cathedral, in honour of those who served in the Australian Imperial Force in the First World War. A granite foundation stone inscribed with the dedication is attached to a wall, dated 20 September 1923. The hall was opened the following year on 17 May.

Inscription

A.M.D.C.

THIS HALL IS ERECTED
AS THE FIRST OF THE
NEW CATHEDRAL BUILDINGS
TO THE EVER GLORIOUS
MEMORY OF THE MEN
OF THE AUSTRALIAN
IMPERIAL FORCES
20TH SEPTEMBER 1923.

Address
All Saints Cathedral Parish Office
1 Ribbon Gang Lane
Bathurst NSW 2795
Local Government Area
  • Bathurst Regional
Setting
  • Roadside
Memorial type
  • Building
Recorded by
Peter Levarre-Waters
Established date
1923-1924
Established Date format: 
$e_original_date = $entity->field_established['und'][0]['value']; if (!empty($e_original_date)) { $changed_date = strtotime($e_original_date); $new_date = date("d F Y", $changed_date); print '
Established date
'; print $new_date; } else{ print ''; }
Dedication date: 
05/17/1924
Dedication date
17 May 1924
Conflict/s
  • First World War, 1914–18

Do you know more about this war memorial?

Help us record history by adding to its record.

Update this memorial