2020 marks 75 years since the end of the Second World War. To commemorate this important year, the NSW Government is interviewing WWII veterans about their experiences. Read our 75th Anniversary Stories.
The Glenorie Memorial Hall was built in 1932 after the original sandstone Hall began eroding. The Hall is a full brick construction with a metal roof. It has decals on the windows of the three military services, an Australian map and the RSL symbol.
The Hall was built by the community for the community with funds from the sale of sandstone from the original School of Arts that stood on the current site, along with the original Glenorie Public School, commenced in 1888.
There is an honour roll monument located around 50 metres south of the Hall in the Wal Buckingham Memorial Garden. The foundation stone of the Hall is dated 1932 and the current Hall was opened in 1933.
This stone was laid by H. Stewart Esq M.H.R.
1st October 1932 John Neil Pres.
Help us record history by adding to its record.