The classical designed marble plaque is attached to the façade of the former Hillgrove Post and Telegraph Office (1901-1949). It was erected by Mr McPhee, a monumental mason of Armidale to the design of Mr Herbert of the Colonial Architect's Department.
Erected by the citizens of Hillgrove to the memory of Trooper William G. Taylor, N.S. Wales Mounted Infantry, died from wounds received at the Battle of Koetizie's Drift, South Africa, May 1900 and Trooper Alfred J. Allingham, Australian Rifles died on service, South Africa, June 1901.
Help us record history by adding to its record.