Brick obelisk on concrete base with the tower separated by a layer of Wondabyne sandstone. The original deteriorating sandstone layer was replaced in 2005 when the memorial was rejuvenated. Rejuvenation work also included addition of marble plaques (one each on north and south faces) bearing names of veterans from Killabakh in all wars (in reality, this meant WWI & WWII only) and refurbishment of original marble plaque on west face. In addition, brickwork was repointed where necessary. The memorial was designed by prominent architect J T Chambers and was built in 1921 by members of the Killabakh community in honour of Cpl John Woollard to 'keep green the memory of the local lad who gave his life for Empire, King and Country'.Construction was started on the 17th of September, 1921, and the memorial was re-dedicated on the 16th of July, 2005.The memorial is located adjacent to the Killabakh Public Hall.
Around sandstone layer:
'THE BLOOD OF HEROES IS THE SEED OF NATIONS' On western facing marble panel:'To the Glory of God and in Loving Memory of John Woollard who Fell in the Great War 1914 - 1918'
|Rank||Given Name||Family Name||Conflict/s||Fate||Service No.||Service||Campaign||Link|
|W J||Abdoo||World War 2||view|
|A J||Abdoo||World War 2||view|
|P||Abdoo||World War 2||view|
|A||Betts||World War 1||view|
|A J||Betts||World War 2||view|
|O C||Carey||World War 1||view|
|A||Eade||World War 1||view|
|A||Henry||World War 1||view|
|G H||Lyndon||World War 1||view|
|H M||Machin||World War 1||view|
Help us record history by adding to its record.