The monument consists of four cement rendered columns with decorative classical styled scrollwork at the top. Other features include two side metal gates and larger metal gates in the centre. Across the top at the centre are the words 'Lest We Forget'.
The Sydney Morning Herald, 27 November 1927 stated:
The memorial gates at Anzac Park, erected to the memory of fallen soldiers by the people of Tamworth and District, were unveiled and opened by Brigadier-General S.C.E. Herring on the 13th November 1927 in the presence of a large attendance. The ceremony was solemn and impressive. The gates cost £1431.
The attached plaque was unveiled on 25 April 1999 by the Mayor W.H. Thibault.
'These gates were unveiled by Brig Gen S.C.E. Herring CMG. DSO. VD
on 13th November 1927.
Erected by Tamworth Municipal Council
Mayor Alderrman W.H. Thibault
This plaque unveiled 25th April 1999
Help us record history by adding to its record.