Tamworth Memorial Town Hall Passchendaele Room

Tamworth Memorial Town Hall Passchendaele Room Tamworth Memorial Town Hall Passchendaele Room Tamworth Memorial Town Hall Passchendaele Room
Description

 

The Passchendaele Room located within the War Memorial Town Hall is a room where meetings can be held as well as trade displays and exhibitions. It was re-furbished to commemorate the 60th anniversary of the construction of the town hall. Opened by the Governor of New South Wales on 13 August 1994, it was named in honour of those Tamworth citizens who served on the Western 
Front during World War 1. The room has a plaque 'The Passchendaele Room' and mounted photographs of the construction of the town hall opened in 1934.  

Inscription

 

[Plaque] 
Symbol of the Tamworth Regional Council
THE PASSCHENDAELE ROOM  
was opened by
His Excellency Rear Admiral Peter Sinclair AC Governor of New South Wales
on 13 August 1994
to commemorate the 60th anniversary of the construction of the Tamworth
War Memorial Town Hall.
This rerfurbished room was named in honour of those Tamworth citizens who
served on the Western Front during World War 1.
Clr. David P. John Mayor Barry F. Pullinger General Manager

Address
28-30 Fitzroy Street
Tamworth War Memorial Town Hall
Tamworth NSW 2340
Recorded by
Graham Wilson OAM
Established date
1993-1994
Dedication date: 
13-Aug-94
Dedication date
13/08/1994
Conflict/s
First World War, 1914-1918

Do you know more about this war memorial?

Help us record history by adding to its record.

Update this memorial