Croppa Creek Soldiers Memorial Hall is a galvanised-framed building, built in the late-1950s. While it is a single-storey construction, it has a considerable internal capacity because of its large footprint and high gable roof. The roof is also made of galvanised iron, typical of rural halls. The main entrance is on the southern side and has two sets of doors and two ramps for mobility access. On the eastern and western sides are service areas and amenities blocks.
On 10 January 1947, Reserve No. 72148 at Croppa Creek was "notified for a War Memorial" and published in the Government Gazette of the State of New South Wales. The announcement also listed the trustees appointed by the Minister for Lands, who would establish the trust to control the reserve in preparation for the memorial.
An appeal to assist with building the hall was later launched by Mrs Nicholson, wife of Captain Howard Sidney Nicholson, one of the original trustees, and mother of Second World War veteran Flight Lieutenant Howard Edward King Nicholson. Howard Edward is listed on the Croppa Creek First and Second World Wars Honour Roll, which is located inside the hall.
In 1954, Flying Officer Kenneth Roy Heferen, also listed on the hall's honour roll, was the first secretary of the Croppa Creek Soldiers Memorial Hall building committee.
The hall was finished by at least 6 March 1957, when it was registered under the Theatres and Public Halls Act, 1908–1954 (Government Gazette of the State of New South Wales, 22 March 1957).
The hall remains a key venue in the community. Commemorative services are held on site every third year. In the other years, they are held at the nearby Crooble War Memorial Hall or Yallaroi Hall.
In 2019 and 2021, grants from the NSW Government were received to modernise the hall's kitchen and external amenities blocks.
Note: Research for this listing included information prepared by Mrs Cheryl Timmins, a member of the Croppa Creek Soldiers Memorial Hall Committee.
Croppa Creek Soldiers Memorial Hall