Skip to main content

St Andrew's War Memorial Youth Centre, Gunnedah

St Andrew's War Memorial Youth Centre, Gunnedah
Middle
Image
St Andrew's War Memorial Youth Centre in Gunnedah, street view
Image
St Andrew's War Memorial Youth Centre in Gunnedah, foundation stone
Image
St Andrew's War Memorial Youth Centre in Gunnedah, dedication plaque
Image
St Andrew's Presbyterian Church in Gunnedah, street view
0 / 0
-
Description / Background

The St Andrew's War Memorial Youth Centre, Gunnedah is a brick building, with a tiled gable roof. It has multiple large aluminium windows and a large front entrance porch. The name of the centre is displayed above the front door. There is a low brick fence at the front of the property, with metal gates featuring two decorative crosses. 

A building committee was appointed by the Presbyterian Church to plan for the construction of the centre. The foundation stone was laid by Reverend J.F. McKay, Superintendent of the Australian Inland Mission, on Saturday, 15 December 1962. Six months later, on Saturday 25 May 1963, Chaplain-General The Reverend Hugh Cunningham officially opened and dedicated the building.

The centre is adjacent to St Andrew's Prebyterian Church, also known as Gunnedah Presbyterian. Access inside the centre is restricted.

Inscription

Facade

St Andrews War Memorial Youth Centre

Foundation stone

To the glory of God
This stone was laid by
Rev. J.F. McKay, M.B.E., M.A., B.D.
Supt. Australian Inland Mission
on Saturday 15th. December 1962
Rev. James Goudie, 
Minister.

Dedication plaque

To the glory of God
and in memory of
those who fought in two World Wars
St. Andrew's War Memorial
Youth Centre
officially opened and dedicated by
The Rev. Hugh Cunningham
Chaplain-General
on Saturday 25th May 1963.
Rev. James Coudie
Minister 
Building Committee:-
[Committee member names]

Do you know more about this war Memorial?

Click here to learn how you can contribute
Sidebar
Address
Marquis Street
Gunnedah NSW 2380
Local Government Area
Gunnedah Shire
Setting
Roadside
Location status
Original location
Memorial type
Building
Recorded by
Graham Wilson
Year of construction
1962-1963
Dedication date
25 May 1963
Conflict/s
First World War, 1914–18
Second World War, 1939–45
Materials
Brick
Glass