A lemon-scented eucalyptus tree with plaque, located in Hyde Park between the Anzac Memorial and Elizabeth Street. A dedication plaque is attached to a low plinth at the base of the tree.
The guest of honour at the dedication service was Lieutenant-General Sir John Northcott, K.C.M.G., K.C.V.O., C.B. (RL). The ceremony was recorded by the Daily Telegraph in the 26 November 1962 issue.
THIS TREE WAS PLANTED AND DEDICATED TO MARK THE FORMATION OF THE AUSTRALIAN WOMENS' ARMY SERVICE AUSTRALIAN MILITARY FORCES NOVEMBER 1941.
25TH NOVEMBER, 1962.
Help us record history by adding to its record.