The NSW War Memorials Register is undergoing essential maintenance. Submissions are not being accepted at this time. Read more here. We apologise for the inconvenience.
A memorial centre with the dedication in the form of a wooden sign above the doorway, located within the Great Synagogue. There are also commemorative granite plaques outside the entrance to the Admininistration section of the building on Castlereagh Street.
Great Synagogue War Memorial Centre. A tribute to those who served in the cause of freedom 1914-1918. 1939–1945.
Great Synagogue War Memorial Centre
This stone was set by His Excellency The Govener of New South Wales Lieut-General Sir John Northcott, K.C.M.G, K.C.V.O., CB. 28th Shebat 5715 – 20th February 1955.
Great Synagogue War Memorial Centre. Opened by His Excellency The Governor General of Australia Field Marshal Sir William Slim C.C.B., G.C.M.G., G.C.V.O., G.B.E., D.S.O., M.C. 14th AB 5716 22nd July 1956.