Flag Staff mounted on a Sydney sandstone plinth. Two separate plaques are located front and North side.
Frontal plaque reads:
'This Flag Staff commemorates the Church of England National Emergency Fund St Andrew's Huts erected in the Cathedral grounds from February 1940 to August 1947
3.5 million meals and recreation facilities were provided for Officers and Men of the fighting forces and a mobile canteen made nightly visits to isolated anti-aircraft and searchlight units.
900 members of the Sydney Diocesan Churchman's Association gave voluntary service in these activities. The huts remained in use until the C.E.N.F.F. Memorial Centre at 201 Castlereagh Street was opened for rehabilitation and youth training.
Plaque at side of Flag Staff reads:
This plaque was unveiled by His Excellency the Governor of New South Wales Sir Roden Cutler VC KCMG KCVO CBE to mark the annual ANZAC Field of Remembrance organized in the grounds of the Cathedral Church of St Andrew since 1952 by the War Widows Guild of Australia, New South Wales.
Help us record history by adding to its record.