2020 marks 75 years since the end of the Second World War. To commemorate this important year, the NSW Government interviewed WWII veterans about their experiences. Read our 75th Anniversary Stories.
A polished brass plaque with the inscription raised and an enamel badge of the C.E.N.E.F. at the top. The plaque is attached to a side wall of the Cathedral. The C.E.N.E.F. was the Church of England National Emergency Fund which conducted a number of facilities and services, including recreation huts at St Andrew's Cathedral, for service personnel during and shortly after the Second World War.
Dedicated as a memorial to the men and women who served in the King's Forces during the World War 1939-1945 and to the men and women who served them in the name of the Church. Unveiled by His Royal Highness the Duke of Gloucester PC, KG, KT , KP, GCB, GCMG, GCVO, Governor General of Australia, October 24th 1946.
Help us record history by adding to its record.