Railway Remembrance Wall, Central Station
Railway Remembrance Wall, Central Station 1987 plaque.
This bronze plaque commemorates the opening of the Railway Remembrance Wall and was unveiled by the Minister for Transport Brian Langton in 1997. The wall brought together a large collection of railway honour roll boards and plaques in the East Concourse of Central Station.
Located in one of the main underground passenger ways at Central Railway station is a collection of twenty one honour boards and plaques and two frames of photographs.
- Loco Shop Chullora, Honour Roll 1914 - 1918 and 1939 - 1945
- Tinsmiths Shop Great War Roll of Honor
- Honour Roll - Chullora Electric Carriage Workshops Honour Roll WWII
- Railways and Tramways Stores Branch Roll of Valour 1914 – 1918
- Loco Boiler Shop – Roll of Honour – 1914-1919
- Foundry Roll of Honour 1914 – 1919
- World War 2 Bronze Plaque
- New Loco 1914 – 1919 Honour Roll
- Eveleigh Loco – Roll of Honour 1914 – 1918
- Millwright Staff Great War Honor Roll
- World War 1 Railway Branch Roll of Honour – Untitled
- Railway Construction and Maintenance Group RAE AIF
- Eveleigh Loco – Roll of Honour 1939 – 45, Korea
- Roll of Honor Loco Fitting Shop 1914 – 1919
- C and W Department Employees, Roll of Honour WW1 and WW2
- Eveleigh Locomotive Water Supply Shop Honour Roll WWI
- Blacksmiths 1914 – 1919 Honour Roll
- Railways at War Photograph Boards
- Railways WW1 and WW2 Honour Roll
The NSW Archives holds materials and records about the NSW Railways and NSW Railways employees.
In particular, they have the following three indexes which are relevant to employees who served in World War 1:
Railway Remembrance Wall
Inaugurated by railway employees to honour their fellow workers who served in the defence of their country
The Hon. Brian Langton, MP Minister for Transport and Minister for Tourism
21 April 1997
David Hill Chief Executive State Rail Authority of NSW