In the former St Peter's Anglican Church, there are two stone wall-mounted memorial plaques dedicated to servicemen from the First World War. They are mounted above door height on the eastern end of the church on the southern aisle.
St Peter's Church was built in 1867. It was deconsecrated in 1992 due to declining parish numbers and the parish amalgamated with St John's, Darlinghurst. In 1993, SCEGGS Darlinghurst purchased the church and converted it into the school's Great Hall.
Gunner Charles Clive Bryant plaque:
In loving Memory of Gunner Charles Clive Bryant 5th Field Artillery Australian Imperial Forces
Died of wounds received in France November 15th 1916. Aged 19 years.
For God and for country.
Erected by the Western Travellers N.S.W.
Lieut James Edward Samuel Taylor plaque:
[Two crossed swords symbol]
In loving memory of Lieut James Edward Samuel Taylor 44th Battalion Australian imperial Force
Killed in Action near Armentieres in France March 14th 1917. Aged 28 years.
Baptized in this church, a scholar in the Sunday School
This tablet is erected by his mother.
Help us record history by adding to its record.