St Peter's Roll of Honour is a wooden memorial mounted on the northern wall of the former St Peter's Anglican Church, Darlinghurst. The names of veterans from the parish who fought in the First World War are printed on the memorial in gold uppercase writing. A gold cross is placed next to the names of those who were killed.
St Peter's Church was built in 1867. It was deconsecrated in 1992 due to declining parish numbers and the parish amalgamated with St John's, Darlinghurst. In 1993, SCEGGS Darlinghurst purchased the church and converted it into the school's Great Hall.
'The question of a suitable War Memorial is greatly exercising the minds of both the Rector and the parishioners at this time. Special meetings are held, and it is not until Wednesday, March 24,  that a final decision is reached.
An Honour Roll is to be erected in the Church, with the names of all the men who enlisted from the Parish, and a new Communion Table is to be purchased. The cost of these two items exceeds the amount that has been collected for the purpose of providing a memorial, so Miss Bull kindly offers to make up the difference.
The day appointed for the dedication of the Communion Table and the unveiling of the Honour Roll is Sunday, May 16. At the Evening Service General Martin, C.M.G., D.S.O., performs the unveiling ceremony of the Honour Roll, which contains the names of 114 men who left this Parish to take part in the Great War.
Both the Honour Board and Communion Table are fine pieces of work, being worthy mementoes of the splendid men who offered themselves in the highest service of their country. The Service is well attended and its solemnity will not soon be forgotten. The Rector's message is based on "Sacrifice," and is a most fitting utterance for the occasion.'
- Seventy-five years! A history of St Peter's Church of England, Sydney. the Church, St Peters, N.S.W, 1942, p.43-44
ST PETER'S ROLL OF HONOUR
Help us record history by adding to its record.