Sandstone gates with honour roll listing men from the parish, or men whose families were associated with the parish, who were killed during the First World War. The memorial is located on the Bourke Street entrance to the former St Peter’s Anglican Church, Darlinghurst.
St Peter's Church was built in 1867. It was deconsecrated in 1992 due to declining parish numbers and the parish amalgamated with St John's, Darlinghurst. In 1993, SCEGGS Darlinghurst purchased the church and converted it into the school's Great Hall.
Left hand pillar:
To the Glory of God and in affectionate memory of the brave men from this parish who fell in the Great War – 1914-1918.
Unveiled by Admiral Sir Dudley de Chair KCB MVO Governor of NSW February 24th 1925.
Rev W T Price BA Rector.
Right hand pillar:
Our glorious dead
Unveiled by Lady de Chair. February 24th 1925.
|Rank||Given Name||Family Name||Conflict/s||Fate||Service No.||Service||Unit||Campaign||Link|
|Private||Arthur William||BANKS||World War 1||KIA 3/5/1917||5941||Australian Army||19th Australian Infantry Battalion||view|
|Private||Alfred James||BARNETT||World War 1||4 April 1918||2285||Australian Army||36th Australian Infantry Battalion||view|
|Gunner||Charles Clive||BRYANT||World War 1||DOW 15/11/1916||7550||Australian Army||5th Australian Field Artillery Brigade||view|
|V||ELLIOT||World War 1||view|
|Private||George||FARVE||World War 1||KIA 14 Nov 1916||39||Australian Army||19th Australian Infantry Battalion||view|
|M||FROST||World War 1||view|
|Corporal||Norman Elton||HARRIS||World War 1||KIA 19 May 1915||603||Australian Army||4th Australian Infantry Battalionn||view|
|Driver||James William||HART||World War 1||Illness 11 May 1917||2493||Australian Army||1st Australian Divisional Ammunition Column||view|
|Private||George||JOHNSON||World War 1||KIA 16 December 1915||735||AIF||20th Australian Infantry Battalion||view|
|T||JONES||World War 1||view|
Help us record history by adding to its record.