Sandstone gates with honour roll listing those men from the parish, or whose families were associated with the parish, who were killed during World War 1. The memorial is located on the Bourke St entrance to the former St Peter’s Anglican Church, Darlinghurst.
St Peter's Church was built in 1867. It was deconsecrated in 1992 due to declining parish numbers and the parish amalgamated with St John's, Darlinghurst. In 1993, SCEGGS Darlinghurst purchased the church and converted it into the school's Great Hall.
Left hand pillar:
To the Glory of God and in affectionate memory of the brave men from this parish who fell in the Great War – 1914-1918.
Unveiled by Admiral Sir Dudley de Chair KCB MVO Governor of NSW February 24th 1925.
Rev W T Price BA Rector.
Right hand pillar:
Our glorious dead
[names listed - see below]
Unveiled by Lady de Chair. February 24th 1925.
|Rank||Given Name||Family Name||Conflict/s||Fate||Service No.||Service||Unit||Campaign||Link|
|E W||YATES||World War 1||view|
|J||WALKER||World War 1||view|
|H||TURK||World War 1||view|
|Lieutenant||James Edward Samuel||TAYLOR||World War 1||KIA 14 March 1917||Australian Army||44th Australian Infantry Battalion||view|
|Private||Ernest William||PITT||World War 1||KIA 29 May 1918||3426||Australian Army||56th Australian Infantry Battalion||view|
|Private||Richard John||PEMBLETON||World War 1||24 July 1916||2851||Australian Army||4th Australian Infantry Battalion||view|
|Private||Charles Richard||PAGE||World War 1||23 March 1917||3607||Australian Army||30th Australian Infantry Battalion||view|
|Sergeant||Frederick George||PAGE||World War 1||9 October 1917||2254||Australian Army||5th Australian Machine Gun Company||view|
|Private||Robert William||LINKLATER||World War 1||DOW 3 November 1917||605||AIF||20th Australian Infantry Battalion||view|
|2nd Lieutenant||James||KERR||World War 1||KIA 18 May 1917||2512||AIF||55th Australian infantry Battalion||view|
Help us record history by adding to its record.