A stone monument bearing a plaque, likely made of marble. Above the plaque is a marble pedestal on which a gun is placed.
A large sandstone mausoleum monument with a German machine gun on top, and a white marble tablet attached. It lists Rydal district veterans names who served in the First World War.
It is possible the memorial was designed and built by M.W. Hardy (1867–1950) of Narrabri. A renowned momumental stonemason and terrazzo artist, Hardy built many war memorials including the Narrabri West Great War Memorial, Breeza War Memorial, Duri First World War Honor Roll and Edgeroi First World War Roll of Honour. He was a Freemason and his memorials feature a distinctive "Masonic" style, with the use of white marble and delicate black inlay linework, black and white checked floors, columns supporting architectural pediments, crossed flags, scrolls, banners and military insignia.
This memorial lies within the heritage listing boundary of the Rydal Railway Station Group.
FOR GOD, KING, & COUNTRY
MEN OF THE DISTRICT
WHO GAVE THEIR SERVICE IN THE WORLD WAR 1914-1918.