This memorial hall is located on the grounds of St Aidan's Church, Exeter. Built in 1922, it was dedicated on 22 November 1922 by the Rev Canon Carver to all who served in the First World War on behalf of "Australia [...] Great Britain and her allies".
Inside the hall is a polished timber board measuring approximately 7 ft 6 in wide and 4 ft high, with an inscription in gold lettering.
Above the board, there is a lead light stained glass window with a quote from St John Chapter 15, Verse 13 from the King James Bible.
In the photograph of St Aidan's Church, the memorial hall is visible in the background, behind the historical church bell.
THIS HALL WAS BUILT 1922
the GREAT WAR of 1914-1918
AUSTRALIA with GREAT BRITAIN
and HER ALLIES
JUSTICE and FREEDOM
In Honour of
ALL MEN and WOMEN
WHO SERVED ON BEHALF OF
THE BRITISH EMPIRE and its ALLIES
IN THE GREAT WAR
"The memory of the just is blessed"
GREATER LOVE HATH NO MAN
THAN THIS; THAT A MAN LAY
DOWN HIS LIFE FOR HIS FRIENDS
Help us record history by adding to its record.