A marble drinking fountain, with a white marble backboard inscribed with the dedication and the name of at least one volunteer for the Boer War. The fountain was erected by M.W. Hardy in memory of all Boer War volunteers from Wee Waa and district. It was unveiled by Mr Hugh Ross MP around Saturday, 5 August 1900.
Originally placed in Rose Street near the Post Office, the memorial was relocated to the grounds of the Wee Waa Memorial Swimming Pool.
commemorate the patriotism and loyalties
of the volunteers from
Wee Waa and district
who died for the empire
in South Africa
died 11th March 1900
at Woodstock Military Hospital